GL import helps you to move your data from legacy accounting software to sql-ledger in few easy steps:
Please keep following points when preparing data in CSV format for import:
- Import script creates one GL transaction for each unique ‘reference’ number. There can be any number of lines (rows) in each transaction.
- Account must exist in chart of accounts
- Debits and credits must be equal before the CSV file can be imported.
Follow these steps to import your data:
- Format your journal data according to the layout show below.
GL001,01-20-2008,"Paid for training,support",Next session in 2009,8203,124,0,23211,new hiring
GL001,01-20-2008,"Paid for training,support",Next session in 2009,1230,0,124,23211,new hiring
GL002,10-19-2008,"Overdue pymt for inv 11,12,13",,1230,204,0,"11,12,13",
GL002,10-19-2008,"Overdue pymt for inv 11,12,13",,1102,0,204,"11,12,13",
GL003,11-20-2008,Invalid transaction for testing,This account is not in chart,00121,0,255,source2,memo2
- Using ‘Imports–GL Transaction’ load the CSV file into sql-ledger. Import script will show the rows which contain valid account number and can be imported.
- Click Import GL to finish the import script. Transactions successfully imported will be show on the next page.