- Q: Is credit card needed for free hosting signup?
A: No, credit card is not needed as long as you are on free hosting. We do expect accurate personal information to make sure we have friendly people on our free hosting server. In some rare case (or server activity) we may request some kind of personal identity like copy of passport or ID card or ask you to charge a small amount with your credit card.
- Q: I have signed up for free account but it is not activated yet. Why?
A: Please check your spam/bulk mail folder for the activation email (and mark it not-spam for future updates.) All signups are activated within 24 hours or earlier. We review each signup carefully and then click the activation button. This is to prevent mis-use of the service. Make sure you provide accurate signup information.
- Q: Is free hosting account forever?
A: Yes, it is. Treat your free hosting account just like your free yahoo or google email account. It will be there for a long time to come.
- Q: Is there any limit of transactions in the free hosting account?
A: Practically no as long as usage is fair. You can add as many as you want too. In some rare cases when transactions are way too many, we may ask you to upgrade to paid hosting or move to somewhere else. This has not happened so far.
- Q: How do I get support for SQL-Ledger usage?
A: There are two possibilities. (1) You can buy yearly support package. (2) You can get free support through mailing list or support forum.
- Q: Can I take backup of my data?
A: Yes, you can download backup file of your data any time you want. This is standard PosgreSQL backup file which you can restore in your locally hosted SQL-Ledger.
- Q: Do you make server backups?
A: Yes, We do automated server backup once every 24 hours. We DO NOT backup templates. If you have customized templates, make sure you have backup them (which is as easy as copying/pasting them to a file on your desktop).
- Q: What are the limitations of free hosting account?
A: Free hosting account is mostly fully functional except the following:
- Only 1 login user.
- Email function for documents is not available.
- Certain system functions are disabled for security.
Please note that we reserve the right to change this list of limitations with an advance notice.
- Q: Can I upload my existing SQL-Ledger backup file to free hosting account?
A: No. For that you need to buy paid hosting. Free hosting account is for new users or new databases only.