This virtual appliance comes pre-configured with our enhanced SQL-Ledger as well as LedgerSMB. Follow these instructions to get up and running:
- This virtual appliance has been built using FreeBSD 7.3. You do not need to know or install FreeBSD to use it.
- Download and uncompress this virtual appliance (url is in your order confirmation email.)
- Click ‘New’ to run virtual machine creation wizard and create a virtual machine with following specs:
- Name: SQL-Ledger (or whatever)
- Operating system: BSD
- Version: FreeBSD
- Memory: 256 MB
- Boot Hard Disk: Use existing hard disk (Browse to add the uncompressed hard disk image in above step)
- Change the network settings to ‘Bridged’
- Boot your virtual machine.
- Root password: ledger123
- IP Address: Login to appliance from console using root/ledger and issue ‘ifconfig’ to find the appliance IP address.
- Using your browser visit http://appliance.ip-address/. Here you will find links to sql-ledger, sql-ledger admin and phpPgAdmin.
- There is no password for sql-ledger admin screen. (You can set password after login)
- Create your datasets using ‘sql-ledger’ postgres user. This user does not require any password.