We have made several important enhancements to standard sql-ledger. Here are the details.
- Restrict user to a particular department using admin.pl.
- Default department for user.
- Department is mandatory on invoices/orders/quotes if there is at least one department defined.
Warehouse transfers module.
- Restrict user to a particular warehouse using admin.pl.
- Default warehouse for user.
- Track warehouse inventory from sales and purchase invoices.
- Track inventory-in-transit between warehouse movement.
- Warehouse is mandatory on invoices if there is at least one warehouse defined.
- Warehouse onhand and activity reports.
- Re-posting script which corrects cogs errors due to invoice editing.
- Invoice and invoice-item cogs/revenue information with gross profit %age.
- Onhand value report which shows the inventory onhand quantities and value based upon fifo costing.
- Per-invoice and per-item cogs/revenue information.
- Enhanced tax reports.
- Audit trail report.
- Drill-down to transactions from income statement.
- Invoice date and customer/vendor filter in ‘All Items’ report.
- Account description in ‘GL Reports’.
- Account activity report using ‘GL Reports’.
- Save report search conditions and layout in user menu. Recall with a single click.
- ‘Add Customer’, ‘Add Vendor’ links on invoices/orders/quotes/POS screens. These links appear only if allowed by access control settings.
- Enhanced assemblies. You can get a report of all stock-assembly actions. Warehouses are correctly updated with any assemblies made and components used.
- Enhanced bank reconciliation.
- Added back the ‘Shipping–Transfer’ function from sql-ledger 2.6.
LedgerDoctor script which identifies potential problems with data entry.
CSV data import.
- Disabled incorrect item weight update from orders and invoices.
- Parts group is mandatory if there is at least on group defined.
Explanation of bugs and gotchas in official version.
- Warehouse information is not updated when you receive orders by editing Rcvd quantity on orders.
- When you make changes to invoice created from an order (add/remove item, quantities), inventory onhand count goes out of order. This is caused any invoice created from order does not update the inventory onhand.
- We have fixed these issues by not allowing to receive orders by editing them. We also do not allow editing invoices created from orders to avoid corrupting onhand quantities.
- Incorrect accounting transaction is posted for sale returns.
- COGS gets corrupted when you edit an invoice.
- We have modified the posting of sale returns to post correct cogs.
- We have added a reposting script to correct any corrupted cogs values when you edit an invoice.
Default warehouse functionality is broken in many ways. If somebody is successfully using it without ledger123 enhancements, I would love to know how?